Connect with us

Rutgers University

Prof Who ‘Resigned’ From White Race In Trouble

Published

on

Remember Rutgers University professor James Livingston? You know, the guy who got so angry after seeing white kids at a Harlem restaurant that he took to Facebook calling them “little Caucasian assholes,” saying that he now hates white people, and resigning from his race? Well, Rutgers found the professor guilty of violating its discrimination and harassment policy and the professor now faces punishment, according to free speech nonprofit the Foundation for Individual Rights In Education (FIRE).

Rutgers investigated the professor’s comments using three lenses: public concern, speech made outside his job duty, and whether the speech interfered with Rutgers’ ability to perform its mission. The school said that commenting on gentrification satisfied the public concern part and that James made the remarks on his private social media account, but thought his comments could impair the university’s ability to operate properly, saying “students interviewed by the local news station said they would be uncomfortable taking a class with him.”

Rutgers went on to say that while James believes “reverse racism” is a myth and that that view “is frequently espoused in academic circles, applicable federal and state laws do not exclude any race from their protections.” Rutgers mentions that even after his initial post had been deleted, the professor made “another belligerent barb against whites. Given Professor Livingston’s insistence on making disparaging racial comments, a reasonable student may have concerns that he or she would be stigmatized in his classes because of his or her race.”

I might just reverse my belief that university equity offices should be scrapped because this report from the one at Rutgers also very incisively points out that James’s comment wouldn’t have been appropriate if he had replaced white people with black people.

It’s not clear yet how exactly the school will punish James, but he could be fired for his remarks. FIRE is demanding that Rutgers reverse its decision, saying it violates the dude’s First Amendment rights.

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania

Top 5 UNHINGED Profs Of 2018

Published

on

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Jolly Kwanzaa? Wait a sec, isn’t that the fake one? Anyway, it’s been a crazy year here at Campus Unmasked, where I’ve brought you more than 200 stories on stuff ranging from the vandalism of a Thomas Jefferson statue on his birthday and on the campus he founded to pro-Palestinian students being a massive nuisance with disruptions and from a Dartmouth professor writing an Antifa comic book intro to bike lock professor Eric Clanton getting off with zero felony convictions. But it’s the end of the year and it’s time to hone in on the top five most insane professors of 2018. Strap yourselves in for a wild ride.

5. Leftist Prof Rips Kavanaugh For High School Virginity

Georgia Southern University professor Jared Yates Sexton tweeted this gem of leftist doublethink in September: “Kavanaugh says he was a virgin in high school, and I’m sure, in his mind, this is saying he was naive or that he wasn’t sexual in nature, but subconsciously, this is the toxic masculinity at play. He’s saying, back then, he couldn’t have assaulted her. He wasn’t man enough.”

It’s Catch-22 all over again, folks. If Kavanaugh had committed sexual assault, he would be branded a rapist and have no chance of getting the Supreme Court confirmation. But if he didn’t, he’s exhibiting toxic masculinity, which is ALSO license to go after his livelihood, don’t you know.

4. Prof Calls Jordan Peterson An ‘Incel’

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania philosophy professor Wendy Lynne Lee called Jordan Peterson, who has a wife and kids, an “incel.” She tweeted “Jordan Peterson: incel misogynist. Committed white nationalist.” Now, after Wendy made that tweet I reached out to Peterson for his take and he said Wendy “clearly believes (1) that her ill-advised statements are warranted, which they are not, and (2) that such actions, however ill-advised, are acceptable, ethically and factually….I would counsel those who wish to bring forward such groundless accusations to be duly cautious. Such shots in the dark have a nasty habit of backfiring.”

And indeed, Very shortly after that, Peterson threatened to sue Wendy. The professor deleted her tweet calling him an incel and issued what I’m sure was a very sincere apology.

3. ‘I Now Hate White People’ Prof Gets Let Off The Hook

A lot of crazy stuff comes out of Rutgers University in New Jersey, but I stumbled upon a veritable gold mine in June when I reported on Professor James Livingston, who took to Facebook saying “OK, officially, I now hate white people. I am a white people” — shocker, James doesn’t teach English — “for God’s sake, but can we keep them — us — us out of my neighborhood?” The professor apparently didn’t have a good experience at his favorite restaurant and said “the place is overrun with little Caucasian assholes who know their parents will approve of anything they do. Slide around the floor, you little shithead, sing loudly, you moron. Do what you want, nobody here is gonna restrict your right to be white.”

The professor proceeded to say that he resigned from his race. Well I accept your resignation, James. But WAIT. The story gets even stranger. Rutgers first found the professor guilty of violating its discrimination and harassment policy, suggesting that his students could fear unfair treatment based on their race, but a few months later, the school reversed its ruling and James got off scot-free.

2. Students Call Police On Muslim Prof

Tarrant County College professor James Mashburn apparently came into astronomy class with his face covered, refused to turn the lights on, and began talking about Islam. One student reported being concerned when she saw Mashburn moving his hand in his pocket. Police apparently didn’t find any weapons on the professor, but the school DID suspend him.

1. ‘Castrate Their Corpses’ Prof Suspended/Unverified On Twitter

Number One. We started with a Kavanaugh story, so it only makes sense to end with one. Georgetown University professor Christine Fair responded to a video in which Senator Lindsey Graham defended Kavanaugh, saying “Look at [this] chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist’s arrogated entitlement. All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes.”

Well, Georgetown didn’t punish Professor Fair for that remark, but Twitter did, briefly suspending her and taking away her little blue check mark. So what do you guys think? Did I get the rankings right? Were there any I missed? Let me know in the video comments and join me for more campus craziness in 2019.

Continue Reading

Rutgers University

Profs Lament Arrest Of Illegal Alien Drunk Driver

Published

on

Recently, around 50 Rutgers University faculty members complained that campus police arrested an illegal alien for DUI and a false ID and then turned him over to ICE, reported The College Fix. They sent a letter to the president saying:

“This action by the Rutgers University Police is a direct violation of your repeated assurances that Rutgers was and would remain a ‘safe haven.’ Any illusion that Rutgers is a place where individuals will not be targeted on the basis of immigration status is shattered once representatives of our community, entrusted with ensuring campus security, collaborate with ICE.”

Don’t you just love what they’ve done there? A reasonable person might think that arresting drunk-driving illegal aliens would make campus a safe haven, but it’s all about priorities. What’s the safety of tens of thousands of legal, taxpaying students next to protecting a few people who aren’t supposed to be here and commit crime but sure will vote Democrat?

And it’s not just the professors, either. I was reading the student newspaper at my alma mater, the University of Virginia, when I learned that not only is there a group on campus dedicated to DREAMers, but that this group is asking the school for funding, according to The Cavalier Daily. The students apparently complained that administrators only sent three emails regarding support for illegal alien students last year and that the emails “lacked in sincere empathy for the undocumented community and offered little resolve for the issues it mentioned.”

The group asked for financial support, bashed the school for hiring a former Trump aide as a fellow, and urged UVA to take a stronger stand against hate speech. Yeah, um I don’t think that went too well for the school around a year ago when it urged students who saw “offensive flyers” to call 911.

Continue Reading

Rutgers University

‘I Now Hate White People’ Prof Gets Let Off The Hook

Published

on

Around five months ago, Rutgers history professor James Livingston took to Facebook and said “OK, officially, I now hate white people. I am a white people” — and apparently not an English professor — “for God’s sake, but can we keep them — us — us out of my neighborhood?” according to Campus Reform.

Now up until this point, you might be like, hey, maybe he’s just satirizing apartheid. Maybe it’s even a commentary on South Africa! But that’s until you reach the next few sentences, when he seems to blame the rambunctiousness of children not on their immaturity, but instead on their whiteness.

“I just went to Harlem Shake on 124 and Lenox for a Classic burger to go, that would [be] my dinner, and the place is overrun with little Caucasian assholes who know their parents will approve of anything they do. Slide around the floor, you little shithead, sing loudly, you unlikely moron. Do what you want, nobody here is gonna restrict your right to be white.”

Riiiiight. So attributing rowdiness to the amount of melanin you have in your skin — is this the new progressive, Mr. Professor?

James said he was satirizing gentrification in Harlem but Rutgers University’s Office of Employment Equity said in July that “given Professor Livingston’s insistence on making disparaging racial comments, a reasonable student may have concerns that he or she would be stigmatized in his classes because of his or her race.”

But last week, Rutgers reversed its ruling against the professor and won’t explain why, saying it doesn’t comment on incidents involving personnel, reported NorthJersey.com. It looks like the school was pressured by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education and the more left-leaning American Association of University Professors, but here’s the question I want answered:

Would James have gotten off scot-free if his comment were not about whites, but instead about blacks? Hmmmmm. You know, the professor said there was “no such thing” as reverse racism after getting backlash for his initial remark. Maybe Rutgers simply thinks the same thing.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: