Connect with us

Canada

Hitler-Obsessed McMaster Students Say ‘Death To America’ And ‘Get Rid’ Of Jews

Published

on

“Hitler should have took you all,” “every time I read about Hitler, I fall in love all over again,” and salivating over a picture of Hitler in stockings, what do these tweets have in common? Well, it just so happens they were all made by pro-Palestinian students at McMaster University. Who are these nutcases and what other incitement and incoherent hatred are they peddling?

Nadera Masad, Rawan Qaddoura, and Esra Bengizi are all students at McMaster University, where, aside from being infatuated with Hitler, they do activism with the group Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights. But you wouldn’t know it from their Twitter accounts, where they seem very ANTI-human rights.

“Death to America and white people,” tweeted Masad, who apparently has a really rough time keeping her story straight. She says “Arabs and Muslims who refer to our enemies as ‘Jews’ rather than ZIONISTS make a bad image for the rest of us. We’re not racist, stop.” Ok, but then how do you explain these tweets? “Adolf Hitler; if you had taken them all, the world would have a lot less problems right now.” “The reason I kept some Jews alive is so I can show you why I killed them in the first place,” a quote she attributes to Hitler.

Masad found out that watchdog group Canary Mission was keeping tabs on her and called them out publicly, in her usual, eloquent style, but she must have had second thoughts because she appears to have taken some advice from Hillary and #DeletedHerAccount.

Her fellow McMaster student and Palestine activist Esra Bengizi at least admits that “what Hitler did was wrong,” but still seems to have an uncanny fixation on him, posting positively about him on more than 10 occasions. Oh and she’s also not a huge fan of Jews, saying she’s “going to the [sic] rule the world and and get rid of anyone who doesn’t have basic common sense of if you’re yahoodi [Jewish].” I wonder if she appreciates the irony of publicly admitting she’d “get rid” of a whole religious group in the same tweet where she also criticizes people who lack basic common sense.

Unfortunately, Bengizi’s also deleted her account, so we and her future employers only have access to the 100+ delightful screenshots captured by Canary Mission. The same goes for the last McMaster student, Qaddoura, who laments that she wasn’t “born at the time of the second world war just to see the genius, Hitler, at work.” Aw, poor thing. And surprise, surprise, she also just doesn’t like Jews. But remember folks, these ladies are anti-ZIONIST, not anti-Semitic.

Honestly, it’s one thing to have different political opinions, test out new ideologies; that’s what college is all about. Feel free to share whatever zany thoughts you have about white privilege or how you think Palestinians do nothing wrong. But saying “death to whites,” saying the only good Zionist is a dead Zionist, well, there’s a difference between insight and incitement.

Canada

Canadian Student Journos NOT HAPPY With Doug Ford

Published

on

One of the biggest problems we have here on American campuses is that students often have to chip in to support groups about which they couldn’t care less. What usually happens then is the university or student government gets a pot worth six or even seven figures and they distribute those funds to various student groups. But that money often goes overwhelmingly to funding left-wing organizations, probably partly due to most student activists being left-wing and partly due to a biased student government or college administration.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s new policy looked to fix that by only requiring students to pay fees for stuff pertaining to academics, health, counseling, recreation, and athletics, with individual colleges — so not the government — individual colleges getting to decide if students cover the other fees. But the Canadian University Press, a nonprofit owned by dozens of Canadian student newspapers, was less than thrilled, saying:

“Most of our member papers rely on student fees to fund their work. Without access to this funding, Ontario student publications will not be able to operate. The jobs they provide to students will be gone.”

The jobs they provide students…I don’t know about you, but at my school, the University of Virginia, we didn’t get paid to do student journalism. Working for the student paper was just like any other extracurricular activity.

Anyway, the Canadian University Press continues, saying student journalists’ “important role of holding governing bodies, whether student unions or university administrations, to account will go unfulfilled.” The group also calls Ford’s policy a direct assault on freedom of the press and free speech.

OK so first of all, how can students expect you to provide truthful coverage of student government or administrators when it’s the student government that decides how much funding you get and the administrators that sometimes have to give their stamp of approval? Seems like a conflict of interest to me. You can still publish stuff if you’re not getting paid, so this isn’t an infringement on your free speech, and freedom of the press also doesn’t entitle you to other students’ money, sorry.

Continue Reading

Canada

Free Speech Policy Hits Ontario Campuses

Published

on

Ontario Premier Doug Ford ordered universities to post a free speech policy by Jan. 1, reported the Toronto Sun. The two big points here are that the policies must ban obstruction or interference “with the freedom of others to express their views” and contain a provision stipulating that “speech that violates the law is not allowed.”

Ford is requiring that universities in Ontario submit an annual report each September and there’s this other little note saying that if univers–ities don’t meet government requirements on free speech or don’t follow the policies they put in place, “the ministry may respond with reductions to their operating grant funding, proportional to the severity of non-compliance.”

Because you have to remember, who funds these public institutions? The government. And where does the government get its money? That’s right, tax-paying citizens. And if those citizens are held to a certain standard, why should it be any different for the ivory towers they fund?

Anyways, as you might expect, some Canadian professors flocked to Twitter with their woke takes on the policy. Acadia University lecturer Jeffrey Sachs screen shotted a passage from a Toronto Sun op-ed, which claims that students report self-censoring and that high security fees dissuade controversial speakers from coming and then goes on to slam colleges for allowing “hate to take root on campus” via the anti-Israel Boycott, Divest, Sanction movement. Jeffrey, who probably thinks himself very clever, tweeted “We must defend free speech and inquiry on campus, and also by the way we must prevent students from supporting controversial policies.”

University of New Brunswick professor Matthew Sears chimed in with “The lack of self-awareness is staggering, if not surprising.”

Now, of course, students should be allowed criticize Israel. But unlike pro-Israel students, anti-Israel students are often found physically preventing opponents from holding an event by drowning them out or occupying the stage.

Continue Reading

Canada

It’s Time To Expose The Radical Left With Campus Unmasked

Published

on

Take a look around at the institutions in your life. It seems like from government to Silicon Valley, from star-studded Hollywood to the media on your every device, there’s a slow but steady push for equality of outcome over equality of opportunity, a prioritization of feelings over facts, and a general humorlessness from those telling us what to think instead of how to think.

But what started this creeping cultural Marxism? What do most of the thought leaders behind these institutions have in common? If you answered university, you’ve done your homework.

The ivory tower has long been a place of left-wing bias. But the 12-to-1 left-wing to right-wing professor ratio hasn’t just spawned a lopsided curriculum. It’s instead created an intolerance for opposing points of view that manifests in lies, censorship and at its most extreme, violence. Attitudes and systems cultivated in academia have a long history of seeping into the world outside. But this intolerance seems a bit more insidious than the ingenious strides in STEM and literature of years past. Do we dare let the wound fester and spread?

Not on my watch.

It’s time to shine a light on the cowardly tactics of those who can’t win wars with words. It’s time to expose the assassins of truth who brand Israel responsible for ISIS and all frat boys as rapists. It’s time to bring justice to the Antifa hordes terrorizing those who dare commit wrongthink. It’s time. For a Campus Unmasked.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: